Generic Sprite Movie I Generic Sprite Movie I

I perhaps saw more irony than you intended..

I found this pretty funny, and I'm pretty sure I understood what you were going for in style with this - all the video game clichés (the chosen one, 7 emeralds, etc) were pretty amusing. Although, I think the irony is in fact that, while trying to make a parody of sprite movies, your script is actually pretty much like one itself. I know it has to be pretty similar in order to take the piss of the others, but the fact that this is gonna be a 10-parter(!?), and the story so far, shows that it's seemingly sorta serious. Remove all the references to 'Newgroundia' etc, and it becomes like any other sprite movie. Maybe you need to put more emphasis on the piss-taking? Especially as a lot of people probably won't understand that this is a parody. XD

Either way, enough ranting for now - I liked it overall, pretty decent stuff. I'll watch the rest for sure, although I'd like to see more blatent humour!

And is 'the code' by any chance: up up down down left right left right B A? ^_^

Lilmario responds:

Good review, but its all part of the cliche, trust me ;)

And the code? Well' we'll see :)

Bored Aliens Short 01 Bored Aliens Short 01

Impressive work, but lacking..

I loved the art style, and the animation was fluent, but apart from enjoying the graphics I didn't really take anything from this. It wasn't overly funny, and was way too short. Admittedly it is a "short", but I think if you developed these characters further and made a longer, proper episode with the same artwork and voices (which were pretty good), you would have one hell of a good movie.

Good luck with subsequent submissions, and keep up the outstanding drawing!

Drawing Contest #5 Drawing Contest #5

Haha, pretty cool idea

I vote the first guy, P1 or P? or whatever he was called.

Good movie.

Trichinosis Trichinosis

I'm Impressed.

Very well executed: superb graphics and animation; excellent choice of music; and an important message behind it all. Posting your work on Newgrounds ensures a lot of people see it, and with any luck, you'll get through to a hell of a lot of them.

My only complaint is the boorish text layout - there was so much of it to read, and yet every time it was still the same old plain cut to black screen with static white text on. I agree that ludicrous effects would have hindered the readability and devalued the seriousness of this cartoon, but a little added interest wouldn't have gone amiss.

I'm pleased that you managed to make a flash that deals with a very real and serious issue, and yet not give it a depressing tone. A few parts in this made me chuckle, which is by all means a good thing.

I appreciated the references to Animal Farm, a fantastic book.

Well done.

Delicious Insanity Delicious Insanity

Good job, I liked it

Nice movie, the flashbacks were what really stood out to me in the comedy department. They were the funniest parts, and reminded me strongly of Family Guy in style. A well made flash, and I didn't even notice the problems you mentioned. Well done!

Donkey Kong Country 1½ Donkey Kong Country 1½

Absolutely Fantastic!!

I'm been waiting for a good Donkey Kong parody, and this one is by far the best out there. Graphics were good, script was excellent, voices were very funny. Great work!

The Life of a Ninja 2 The Life of a Ninja 2

I love it!

Drawings were good, animation was... okay. Sound was absolutely superb. Very very funny movie, great soundtrack, good graphics, hard not to like! Good work!

Power Star Power Star

Really good sprite work

Definately one of the only sprite movies to rival Randy Solem's work in terms of quality. Excellent work!

Don't Stop Me Now Don't Stop Me Now

That was amazingly fantastic!

Animation was SPELLBINDING, and the storyline (if it can be called that) was amusing, funny, and just plain odd.

I thought this was an excellent movie.

Halo: Funny Situations Halo: Funny Situations

Very, very good.

This was one of those rare 'perfectly made' flashes. I'm not saying the movie itself is perfect (although it's damned good), it's just that there were no bugs or mistakes in the movie, everything was well made, and it's composition seemed neat and professional. Well done.