Generic Sprite Movie I Generic Sprite Movie I

I perhaps saw more irony than you intended..

I found this pretty funny, and I'm pretty sure I understood what you were going for in style with this - all the video game clich├ęs (the chosen one, 7 emeralds, etc) were pretty amusing. Although, I think the irony is in fact that, while trying to make a parody of sprite movies, your script is actually pretty much like one itself. I know it has to be pretty similar in order to take the piss of the others, but the fact that this is gonna be a 10-parter(!?), and the story so far, shows that it's seemingly sorta serious. Remove all the references to 'Newgroundia' etc, and it becomes like any other sprite movie. Maybe you need to put more emphasis on the piss-taking? Especially as a lot of people probably won't understand that this is a parody. XD

Either way, enough ranting for now - I liked it overall, pretty decent stuff. I'll watch the rest for sure, although I'd like to see more blatent humour!

And is 'the code' by any chance: up up down down left right left right B A? ^_^

Lilmario responds:

Good review, but its all part of the cliche, trust me ;)

And the code? Well' we'll see :)

Bored Aliens Short 01 Bored Aliens Short 01

Impressive work, but lacking..

I loved the art style, and the animation was fluent, but apart from enjoying the graphics I didn't really take anything from this. It wasn't overly funny, and was way too short. Admittedly it is a "short", but I think if you developed these characters further and made a longer, proper episode with the same artwork and voices (which were pretty good), you would have one hell of a good movie.

Good luck with subsequent submissions, and keep up the outstanding drawing!

Drawing Contest #5 Drawing Contest #5

Haha, pretty cool idea

I vote the first guy, P1 or P? or whatever he was called.

Good movie.

Streamline Streamline

Excellent, original game!

Really enjoyed this, although I did find it freakin' difficult! I suppose that's a good thing though. Everything was great, the music went perfectly with the game. Only problem I had was that there was no real indicator when you lost a life, apart from the life count decreasing by one. I would have preferred maybe a short noise or a flash on the screen or something, just to let me know I'd died. Woulda been helpful. Aside from that, I can't really fault this, it was damn good.

Coolio-Niato responds:

Thanks, i took your advice and have quickly updated so you will now see a flash of light if you get hit.

Letters Game Final Letters Game Final

Pretty Decent

Not the most original idea in the world, but fairly well executed. Could really have done with some difficulty levels, it wasn't until around level 50 or so that the game began to be a challenge for me, and I survived 'til about level 85. The graphics were pretty good for a game, didn't need to be any better. I thought that more powerups would have been nice, and also the shield should be breakable by 5 letters or something as well as being timed. Overall, a pretty good game, kept me entertained for the (reasonably lengthy) duration of one game, but I woulnd't want to play it a second time.

k3k5 responds:

thanks for the review.

Rumble ball field 1 Rumble ball field 1

Great Game!

Awesome game, fun, clever and addictive!

I got 14140, which I'm guessing is pretty average...

GameBalance responds: